Westminster lies on the north bank of the River Thames and is famous for its historic and prestigious landmarks and visitor attractions, including Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament and Trafalgar Square, which is home to the famous Nelson Column Lions.
The Westminster International Rotary Club provides an opportunity to be involved in this vibrant borough, support the local community and network with a wide range of business professionals from over [number] different countries.
The Club meets every Wednesday at 6.30pm for 7.00pm at the The Trafalgar Hotel. In addition to discussing the Club’s activities, we generally have a guest speaker. There are also other event-based meetings and activities, which enable members to learn more about the local community and its history.
- build friendships among international professionals who share an interest in our local community while maintaining a global outlook
- enrich and educate members through a stimulating speakers programme, which incorporates topics of local, national and international interest
- support local community groups and voluntary organisations through volunteering and fundraising
- leverage foreign local projects through global co-operation across Rotary International
- foster and facilitate friendships between Rotary clubs and their members in London, the UK and throughout the world
- widen the understanding of Rotary and its worldwide programme of opportunities.
What is Rotary
Our forthcoming events
- District 1130 (London) Conference - 21 October 2016 at N/A
Annual Conference of London District 1130
- Club Meeting (Social) - 26 October 2016 at 6:30 pm
This will be a social evening for Members and guests.
- Club and Council Meeting - 2 November 2016 at 6:30 pm
Club meeting followed by a Council Meeting.
Venue: The Trafalgar Hotel, London
- Pimplico Puffins Annual Gala - 6 November 2016 at 2:45 pm
Gala evening for swimmers, carers, and supporters. Races will take place from 3:00pm, followed by an award ceremony and a snack of sandwiches and cake.
Venue: Queen Mother Swim Centre, Victoria, London
We are constantly looking at ways to make it easier for people to engage with the Club and Rotary. Non-members are welcome to all of our meetings.
As speakers are such a prominent part of Rotary meetings, we are continually looking to add to our speaker bank. Past speakers have included business leaders, journalists, charitable organisations, professionals speaking about their work, people talking about their hobbies and travels, those who have had life changing experiences and those who are promoting an event. If you feel that you would like to speak at our Club, please send us a short summary of your proposed topic, together with a brief biography and we will consider and revert back to you.
To achieve our charitable aims we continually review our income generation strategies and are always looking for partners who share our values and who wish to be associated with Rotary. Sponsorship is a great way to support our causes and to get involved with the Club. Contact us to discuss the short and long-term opportunities.